Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Warn to you Newbie!

I just had a brief conversation with someone I have been very keen of dating. All we did was to talk about personal stuff that doesn't really affect us both. Before heading home, I changed the topic to ourselves. I can't remember exactly how the conversation went, but as apparent with all of my blogs, I'm lyrical.

Frankly, I am just upset about the fact that I meet people who are just trying out what it's like going to other side. As I mentioned in my previous blog, I attract these kinds of people. Newbies. In all honesty, I am attracted to them as well.

This guy I have been dating for a while isn't as newbie as I would like to describe him. Apparently, this guy has been in relationships of the same sex so this kind of set-up is not new to him. As with our conversation, he made it clear that he was just afraid of hurting himself again so he is taking it nice and slow.

The big question is where does that place me? I asked him to clarify his intentions. How does he sees me? Am I a friend? Or am I someone he feels who is up and about being more than that? Primarily, my concern was I was afraid of certain situations that may come up. One is misinterpreting the signals. He has been sweet, caring and has shown great respect to me. I feel that he values me in little things he can. He takes time just to see me. I may not come first with everything, but if he can, he will. These small things I see from him makes me feel that he's on to something different other than friendship. Well, to make things simpler, he told me that he wanted to be a friend first then move to the next level because he wanted to know me more. That notion that came from him is very sweet as well as far as I am concerned.

But the problem is, I am new to this kind of situation. Based from my experience, I know a lot of guys who would like to know me first by courting, or putting me in an exclusive dating schtick so that at least I know where we are getting ourselves at. This whole "friend-first" thing is making me uneasy. The evil "what-if" is rearing its ugly face again but I am happy to banish with a snap of a finger.

I am not desperate of getting him into a relationship or getting him into bed with me. All I am saying is that I don't want to come to a point when he finds himself liking me and it's all too late.


Another useful blog presented to you by Half-Cooked Adobo. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment