Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Social Networking, Facebook and the Likes

It is by far the most convenient way for us, guys like me, to find another being who are more into us saving us from the disgrace of having people know what we really are. It has been going on since the dawn of chat-rooms where every guy like me rampages. Enough said.

So this thing I always call nonchalantly as "my" social networking site have been a cause of my deep-seeded insight. But the first question now before I spill the beans is how I fair in these sites.

As I have written this, I'm sure I might have posted this blog to one of my social sites and I am pretty sure whoever finds this blog must find me at least somehow, attractive. And given that not-so-obvious fact, they will, most often than not, send me a message either to tell me to post 'real' pictures of me or if I want to have sex with them, or the more wholesome crowd will ask me for a date. Sweet. As a friend of mine said before, all he was after in these sites is to see how well people's pick-up lines have developed. But I was on to something different.

You see, I act really masculine and it kinda wards off guys of actually talking to me in person. In that sense also, they find me stuck-up because I seldom smile. My question in that regards would be 'Why would I have to smile all the time? To risk being seen as mentally challenged?" You decide.

So what happens if I get a message from a prospective member? Simple. There are times that when I like what I see (both in pictures and in words), then I would reply. However, almost at least 80% of all the messages I received, I didn't reply. I know it was kinda stupid for me to do that, but I was just being me and at least I'm doing something not to give out false assurance to people who in the long run I know I wouldn't like. And yes, I know it is egoistic for someone like me to say something like this, but let me tell you too that if in the event I get rejected, it's all good to me.

But what I only see in this site is only superficial and I too am aware that not a lot of people register well in camera. What actually worries me right now is that notion that I might be missing that chance of actually meeting the person I was born to be with because I was just too superficial. Saving myself from ambiguity, I am still hopeful that someday, somehow, I will fall back into loving again. (Oh, now I thought of something straight people may actually relate to.)

Another useful blog presented to you by Half-Cooked Adobo. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment