Friday, April 24, 2009

And Now I'm Telling You.

Man, I have never been good with titles.

So what's new with this all-purpose dude? Well, I was about to say something nearly worth your time, but apparently, I forgot what it was about. I was kinda hoping that while typing this blog I could remember it.... Uhhm... Oh yeah!

In the Philippines, everyone is a singer. A singer is someone who sings may it be bad, good or worse. I'm not an exemption of this. When I hit 12, I began singing, but it didn't really work that well at first. Today, I can belt any song requested by my friends in a videoke bar. I have been known, through my friends, to sing out even the most unimaginable songs they could ever think of. But really now, I'm not saying I'm good nor my friends loved it. I'm just saying singing has been part of anybody's life here at least for most.

You know, a lot of the singers, or budding singers who actually sings professionally and is good at it (I mean, really, really good at it!) in my country are gay. I don't know what is it with singing and being utterly gay. You visit any church choirs in the Philippines and from one of those you get at least one to two people who are gay. Leave out the all-female chorale. Almost 30% of any all male church choirs or choral group members in my country are gay. So, what's the connection between singing impressionably and being gay.

To tell you with all sincerity, I have no idea. I was hoping that by making myself ponder about it over and over, I will find a connection between singing and just being gay. I was thinking on some theories that I will share to you. (Oh yeah, most of the gay people I know who sings are tenors.)

Maybe, just maybe, because gays (just as myself) tend to find their all feminine side too well, they tend to associate with females because females can hit the highest ranges in any piano, may it be electronic or baby grand. So, this may be one way for them to express that certain void in their lives that only singing can give.

But I guess the only thing I can mention that may be volition worth is that we just love singing. This may be one way of expressing our hidden feelings. If we try to dance, which I am very afraid of doing, is that it might be too flexible that people will find me gay. Ooh. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment to myself yet.


Another useful blog presented to you by unEARTHed. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment