Friday, September 17, 2010

Half cooked... what?

Someone asked me why I pen my blogs as halfcookedabodo. I did not reply to his message but that's not important.

Half-cooked adobo... Actually, I just thought it was a smart pseudonym but not really as smart as I would like to project. Adobo is one of the dishes that is associated to us, Filipinos. This is already given. Everyone knows this. This is old story. Yada. Yada.

But why half-cooked? Why, oh why, you ask? That's because I'm half Filipino. I should have called myself Half-served Adobo, but I can't because I am not thin. Or Raw Adobo, but that's just too icky and will cause digestion problems. Come to think of it. Why can't we eat raw, unprocessed food such as meat in the first place? I'm sure that our ancentors before our ancestors did not find the need to cook food for digestive purposes. They'd hunt around, chase a poor innocent rabbit and  gobble up the poor defenseless rodent right then and there. No food preparations whatsoever.  No anything. With all the fur and the glistening internal organs saying a sweet hello to them. Ahh.. Oops. Rabbits may not have existed there. That's why I simply hate Epic/Period films. I'm blaming evolution for giving us weak-willed stomachs. Oh yeah. So half-cooked is very me. I'm very Filipino in every sense and being however, I don't possess the typical malay look. Maybe I wasn't cooked very well but just the same, I'm still an adobo.

Hope that answers it all. If you have another question, just shoot me a comment or just leave a message in Planet Romeo. Let me see what I can think of.




Another useful blog presented to you by Half-Cooked Adobo. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment