Monday, April 5, 2010

Oopps!

While I was drooling over the new IPad that was released some time ago (and mind you I am not an Apple User myself), I suddenly realized that I think I owe someone an explanation.

Really now, it is nothing that I should be bothered about. This is just something I would like to get off my chest for the longest run. It's becoming a bit of a bother now and I just want to have this person share that common responsibility of helping me with the burden. Or maybe not.

You see, while I was in a relationship, there was this guy in our circle of friends who I was very keen of. He was my absolute type. Straight to the point, intelligent and ambitious. Practical, sound and fun to be with. At some point, I knew I liked the guy a lot.

When my partner went overseas for a month or a few weeks I guess, this friend that we're talking about made some efforts to be comfortable with me. I thought this was just some of, you know, things friends do. We'd hang out at some place. Had dinner here and dinner there. I didn't bother getting all shook up about it. Besides, he was my partner's best friend! Everything suddenly changed until that time that he popped an interesting statement. He said that he liked me ever since we met. This came to a shock to me because he was my ultimate crush and I would love to ditch my partner then and be with him.

He went to his province leaving me behind to ponder on things that has happened between us. I know that I like the guy to death, but imagine the scandal it will make if my partner comes home from overseas just to find that I was with someone else! That's stupid and simply irrational that no one in their right minds will do. There is no question about it. There is nothing to ponder about, basically.

So as he called me in the bleak of day, he asked me if I liked him too. I said a big fat 'no.' And he said, that's okay. And then he moved on.

It's sad, you know, that if only people could wait a little longer, then they would have the person they have ever wanted. I was willing to wait until such time that we can be together, but I only said that to him because I don't want him pursuing me for the meantime. I know him too well. If I said I liked him, then he will not rest until he gets me. This is not how you play the game.

At one point, I am kinda thinking that I may be underestimating the intelligence of this friend. But it's really not my fault. He has underestimated me.

Another useful blog presented to you by Half-Cooked Adobo. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment